Sunday 13 May 2018

Armadillos and Space Rockets



Have been working at a fairly leisurely pace this weekend. Went for lunch at Aroma to celebrate my mum's birthday but then came home and worked. Have done my comments and records and almost finished my forecast for the week. Then need to crack on and prepare everything for tomorrow. I need to also pack to go house sit for a friend just now - it's a bit more of a move now that I have to lug all my books and teaching stuff with. Luckily I'm not far away to pop home and get stuff and see my dogs, but need to make sure I at least have everything for tomorrow.



Went to the Reps quiz this morning which was fun. We won thanks to one of our team members knowing lots of random flags. I at least knew Michelle Dockery and Sophie Kinsella (my main contributions 😝). Need to plan ahead with work so I can make quiz at the Mustard Seed on Tuesday.



Made it back in time to teach my Chinese five year old on Zoom. We looked at the moon landing again but he for some reason chirped up with armadillo for Buzz Aldrin, so we looked at armadillos too and their ancestor. We also watched a bit of the video below of the International Space Station. I asked him what the moon was made of and he said blue cheese and then gravity. Was impressed he knew of the word gravity but had to explain what it is. We are to try again at using a hotspot off the phone my student's dad has lent me. The only trouble is the phone switches to Chinese and I get a bit lost on it. The battery on the phone I am using otherwise doesn't last very long. Fingers crossed tomorrow works.




No comments:

Post a Comment