Tuesday 22 May 2018

Lemon, lots of lemon ... and Tinder!



So my students seem to think that they need to instruct me on certain things. Several boys say for homework I need to play a round of Fortnite?! and I will be enlightened. Then, in English this morning we were covering gender and I wanted the female of bachelor - I was told bachelorette - noooo! When they finally got spinster I was honoured with sentences saying Miss Lannas is a spinster (gee thanks!) My one boy then pipes up, "Miss Lannas have you tried Tinder?" I had a good chuckle, but goodness, he's only 12!



Unfortunately by the end of the morning my voice had decided to start going AWOL - not fun when you are trying to hold a P.E. lesson on the tennis court. I did make my students do planks for 30 seconds - they went very quiet after that, well for a short bit. I really could have done with a whistle.



Was supposed to have done personal training but I did forewarn my trainer that I am getting sick. She listened to my croaky voice and decided we would have cups of lemon and honey tea and a catch up instead - I had been craving honey and lemon all morning. On my way home I stopped by the Dandaro Pharmacy as I get me meds there and they know me and they suggested Benylin. Really hope I can hit this on the head and be better by Friday. The students who have been off sick for a day have come back better, so here's hoping. My headmistress suggested I should use hand sanitiser to ward off germs. I am not really a fan of hand sanitiser but am very aware of all the things I am holding everyday especially with students who are sick.



In the board meeting last night the issue of the current reform in data protection came up. It's not a big thing here in Zimbabwe but for people in the UK, you have until Friday to address it. I guess I need to think about it when I send out my group emails (not that I do that much now). Is quite a thing if you have had people do surveys or fill out forms for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment