Monday 14 May 2018

Les écrevisses!



Monday has been a bit chaotic. Started this morning well by getting up on time but I suddenly couldn't find the keys for the garage where I am house sitting and got into a fair flap and was delayed by a good 15 minutes. Evermore the house keeper came to my rescue and had the sense to look for a spare set (I  didn't think of this - instead my plan B was to get my mum to pick me up but she hadn't left home yet). Got to school at 7.10 and launched straight into reading. My one student who had outstanding fees has now returned. I am happy he is able to continue but my goodness he drove me batty today with his constant background conversations, my word!! I think I need to rethink my seating plan, AGAIN.



At lunch a mother came in with bee sting medication for her son who is highly allergic. She wanted the expired medication back from last term - I had no idea where this had been put - had been told about it but had forgotten to ask where it was now. Turns out it had been given back last term. I also need to contact her son's educational psychologist about him using a laptop to type rather in class. This and needing to use the generator to print meant I couldn't take my Chinese student online. Have said I can maybe try a bit later but it is proving really stressful trying to squeeze him in. Weekends may be safer and better.

Tutored my form four and French Chinese student this evening. I was delighted that my form four was finally engaging with his literature and giving some good ideas in his analysis - yay! It is so much easier teaching high school than my dear lot in the morning and not having to repeat myself twenty times. When I got to my Chinese French student, his whole family were already in their pyjamas even though it was only 5 pm. Have noticed they all do seem to wear pyjamas at this time, except when the parents are playing mahjong (which can get quite noisy in the next room). My student cheekily told me to go have a look in the kitchen sink and so I did. It was full of crayfish that were all still very much alive. Apparently they were on the menu for my student's dinner.



Right, back to the mound of marking on my desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment