Wednesday 23 May 2018

Still lots of lemons



Am still drinking lots of lemon and honey. My Chinese five year old wanted to know what had happened to my voice today when I taught him. He said I sounded like an old person. My class reminded me a couple of times to cough like a vampire - they've caught on after I told them about it on Monday. I have nearly finished prepping for next week, as I am away this weekend. Just will have to get through tomorrow's marking. Have also put together my talk for assembly on Monday on plastic and recycling. The deadline for the Italian Embassy's Ambiente competition using plastic in collage to raise awareness has been extended and the art teacher at my school is keen to do something.



We had a mini debate in class at the end of the morning. They had to argue for or against having a school uniform. One little boy got up and switched sides, deciding to be against even though he was supposed to be for. His argument was too funny - basically he said his parents need to retire soon and school uniforms are too expensive. It would mean his parents can't go live in a cluster housing estate. I wasn't expecting that one!! They seemed to enjoy the debate but one boy got upset when he felt people weren't listening to him and it ended in tears. One of the little girls from the other class who comes to me for maths also landed up in tears when the rest of her class had gone back and she was still copying something down. Her brother at home time had a temper tantrum when he wasn't first in line.

OK I must go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment