Thursday 10 May 2018

Today was challenging



I was relieved that at the end of this morning the other teachers at school were also feeling frazzled. It seemed that some of the children that have particular difficulties all decided to be exceptionally challenging today. Just got to school in time by the skin of my teeth. My language class on idioms didn't go so well as it would have been better to give a print out than try dictation (I had written them on the board yesterday but some students just don't finish getting it down. Not being able to print is really a problem - still no sign of being sorted out any time soon - ZESA says it's beyond their control, great!) My one student who really struggles with processing information was sitting gazing out into space and left far behind. We then had a bout of people losing their books which became very frustrating. Another student as soon as I stopped talking would keep asking about getting electrocuted. This had nothing whatsoever to do with what we were working on. One boy got frustrated and started talking to himself in the front. The two things that went well were doing public speaking. One of my girls was very excited when I said we could do a class debate next time. It's the most excited I've ever seen her. The other success was P.E., where I got them to do a two team relay tic tac toe running exercise. They seemed to enjoy it.





Can't tell you how pleased I am that tomorrow is Friday. I will have my two Chinese students after school though. The father of my five year old has lent me a phone to hotspot Zoom for tomorrow's lesson to his son in China. It's my mum's birthday today so will be going to lunch on Saturday and it's another friend's birthday bring and share tomorrow night (hopefully I don't fall asleep). Trying to think what I am going to wear to school tomorrow as I am supposed to be dressed up as my mum and wear slippers.



My poor personal trainer got an earful during my gym session this afternoon after my morning. She got me to use the foam roller - think it was a good option. Next week I will have her cousin taking me again as she is off on honeymoon. The other trainer does push me to do things I wouldn't think I could do, so I am bracing myself to be challenged. Mind you, I'm getting a full arm workout everyday carrying all my books - gosh they weigh a tonne.



Went this evening to the opening of an exhibition at The Corridor Gallery at Sorellas. Had a glass of red wine which was a good way to end a rather stressful day.


No comments:

Post a Comment