Sunday 27 May 2018

Balm to the soul



Nyanga was just what the doctor ordered. Think it was one of the best breaks I have had in a while, with time to wander in far stretching landscapes, read a good book and chill with good friends. Took my water colours but I am a bit rusty, I won't lie. Painting plein air is a lot harder than doing it from a photograph as the light keeps changing and you have to keep looking at your view point - I guess that's what makes you do a good more 3D picture, but it's hard!! I don't think my sketches in water colour will make it to Wild Geese next week but maybe I'll print a couple of photos, we'll see. I was sketching some fungal rusty protea leaves at the Nyamuziwa Falls when a car load of Chinese people came past. The one Chinese man came and looked at what I was doing and then took a photo of me and then went and took a photo of the leaf I was drawing - I thought this was rather random but funny. We were mainly based in and around Mare Dam in Nyanga National Park but did venture to the Nyamoro Dairy for scones and tea while the boys carried on fishing.





So Monday looms. Looks like the two boys I caught drawing dodgy notes when they were supposed to be getting on with their grade 7 paper are going to have their parents notified as the head feels the parents need to know this is what their kids are doing when we are trying to get them ready. Sigh. My voice is a teeny bit stronger but hoping a day back at teaching and giving assembly in the morning aren't going to zap it again. Have been drinking honey and lemon religiously all weekend.

Will break the mould a bit tomorrow doing an environmental assembly instead of a more moral/bible based one (environmental is moral consciousness though!!) Will see how it goes and what sort of feedback I get from the kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment