Thursday 16 August 2018

Burning birthday cake



It was a good birthday yesterday. Had a picnic with friends on the public holiday on Tuesday in the Botanical Gardens. A whole lot of my favourite people came, including my Chinese five year old and his family and dog. We went exploring the "rainforest" with him mid afternoon. On my actual birthday I met with friends for lunch after art with Sarah Fynn (where I painted Mugabe). My five year old came running out to greet me when I went to teach him and said "Happy birthday Kitty!!!" His mum said he told her I should have chocolates as the toiletries were "boring". The special man in my life then took me out for dinner, which was lovely.







After a lot of birthday cakes - yesterday seemed to be a continuous process of consuming cake (wonderful but not good for me when I am still trying to lose weight) I had personal training this afternoon and I think my trainer knew. She avoided eye contact which was a sign it was going to be hard and it was quite a work out - lots of skipping. For the last rep she asked if I would rather do jumping jacks - er no - skipping any time rather than that, but maybe I should have - all that cake!!



Tomorrow I teach in the morning and then head to Nyanga with my boyfriend, his family and a few friends. The msasas might be out which will be stunning when we drive through Juliasdale. I am taking a canvas and acrylics - let's see if I actually use it :P






No comments:

Post a Comment