Monday 6 August 2018

Not a bad start to the week



Have just finished packing up my current house sit (car is a little chocker full). Now just waiting for the person returning to come back. Taught my Chinese student this morning and gave him a photographic story of my trip to Hippo Pools which he enjoyed. We also played a board game and he made his own dice. I then started with a student I used to teach before her family relocated to the UK. She's back for the school holidays and staying with her gran. I was quite chuffed they sought me out to give her lessons again. I had a delightful lesson sitting out in the garden with her by a water feature and it is nice to reconnect with her again and pick up from where we left off. Made me realise that teaching one on one is what I really love and is when I am happiest. We read What the Ladybird Heard on Holiday by Julia Donaldson - can't get enough of her books. Suddenly getting so many requests for extra lessons - I can't take them on as want to keep my afternoons free for school work. Wish I had had this response when that was my main line of work.


My classroom this morning.

I need to start working now on school stuff for next term. I have to go in on Wednesday to do an assessment of a new student. Will use it to also sort out my classroom a bit and get going. I hope to start doing my term plan this afternoon, we'll see.



It is beautifully summery and is putting me on a bit of an upbeat high again. Can start putting my winter things away, although we might get a final cold snap. Going to miss my current house sitting spot and the ridgebacks. They are looking a bit worried with my packing up. Trying to tell them their mum is returning from France any time now.

No comments:

Post a Comment