Saturday 12 January 2019

Failed as a dog whisperer


We got back from England to find that our one dog Jasper was not himself. Taking him to the vet though is a mission as he can be aggressive (that's putting it mildly). This morning we got everything ready, after going to get a sedative for him yesterday. Well the same thing happened as last time where the sedative just didn't kick in when it was supposed to. He was still very alert when we got to Avondale and there was no way we were going to get him inside easily. As he had lost weight, his harness didn't fit him properly as he kept wiggling out of it. Eventually the vet lent us a rope and muzzle and we had to go round to the back entrance to avoid him running off into the busy King George Road.

So it turns out he has a longer term form of biliary which doesn't display the classic symptoms. Poor baby! He had a high temperature and we are hoping he doesn't have damage to his organs from it. He's on a high dose of antibiotics and had jabs. If he doesn't get better we have to go back for blood tests. We did bring flea and tick stuff back for he and Elsie but I think we didn't act fast enough. Need to put Elsie on a systemic dose.



We're back home and NOW the sedative is in full effect and he is passed out with Elsie at my feet. I am home for the foreseeable bit as no house sitting is on the immediate horizon (right now in Zim I don't think many people will be off travelling lots). I am trying to tidy up at home. It is hard going as my mum hoards terribly and as fast as I try throwing stuff out, she rummages back through and digs it out saying it has a use. Very frustrating. I think not living at home most of last year did me a lot of good and may have been one of the reasons I didn't get depressed quite so much. I guess I am saving petrol though and I have my dogs.



No comments:

Post a Comment