Friday 13 March 2020

Nearly the end of term



When I got to school this morning I was greeted with flyers to hand out about preventing the spread of Corona virus and was asked to stick up a poster in my classroom. We all had to get a squirt of hand sanitizer too for good measure. I did think how long is that going to last to both the control of the spread of it and the efficacy of the sanitizer. One little boy at break time has missed his calling as the town crier in a previous life as he loudly proclaimed children must be protected.

It has been a bit of a tough week with some of my boys being rebellious and difficult. They did pipe down a bit by the end of the morning today and we ended with making origami swans. One of the boys actually gave me his attempt as a present at the end. I have parent consultations next week. After that a week and a half to go til we close. Next term is 14 weeks compared to this term's 12, heaven help me. That's if we're not having school via correspondence by that point.

Going over to England in the school holidays is beginning to look a little shaky. Hard to know what is going to happen and if we will be able to travel. My sister is going to be devastated if we can't as she has gone to a lot of effort already for my mum's 70th. The thought of sitting on a plane with people who could be carriers makes you think a little though. Great way to curb people's flying habits with climate change.

I had my NILD session observed by the NILD coordinator yesterday. I got some good feedback and some points to work on. I was pretty nervous about being scrutinised and wondering what I wasn't doing right but it was OK in the end and Lorna was very nice about it. I have a new student from the International School now and had my first lesson with him yesterday. It wasn't supposed to be a lesson yesterday as I was originally just going to meet with his mum but my impromptu seemed to go fairly well.

Am glad it's the weekend and I can reassemble myself to deal with my class again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment