Saturday 27 June 2015

Lazy Saturday


Having a lazy Saturday still in my pyjamas. Went for a scan at the Well Woman Clinic yesterday and all clear. Was rather uncomfortable waiting as had to have a full bladder and the doctor doing the ultrasound ran late. Sat there with my legs tightly crossed hoping it wouldn't be much longer. Have been given a prescription for vitamin B injections to try help stop my big mood swings. See my psych the week after this and she will be changing my mood stabilizer.

My one pupil writes her entrance exam for Arundel next Saturday. Will need to look for more students as she probably won't want lessons after that, hoping she gets in. I need to make some business cards for teaching English as a foreign language to drop off at the Chinese Embassy and other places. If I could try get some students that way it could be good. Need to decide when I am going to use my air ticket for the UK.

Took a personality test on this website called 16personalities. It was pretty close to how I would describe myself and funnily enough started with my favourite quote -

t doesn't interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for – and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart's longing. It doesn't interest me how old you are. I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool – for love – for your dreams – for the adventure of being alive.
Oriah Mountain Dreamer

It said career wise I should combine different interests and I don't fit in well in hierarchical structures. Also said I am good at communication and networking.

Wrote the intro to a story below. Sort of sums up some the things I have been thinking about. It is still a work in progress.

As she lay on the hospital bed knowing that her life would soon be entering its final chapter she thought back on the journey she had taken over her life. She reflected on the highs and the lows, the triumphs and the pitfalls. What had been important now stood out and it surprised her. It was not what she had expected. The key highlights had not been the predictable trends society strives for but instead she thought fondly of the quiet, less auspicious occasions. Profound moments in her spiritual life, gestures from friends that had been significant turning points, personal goals achieved and surpassed.

Life had not been as she would have predicted. There had been divergences from the norm and it had not gone according to plan. Her career had started and then ended after hardly beginning and she had had to reassess and start again. Where she had pictured herself at 30 had differed from where life had taken her and then again at 40 and 50. By that point she learnt not to plan too far ahead and to run with where life placed her.

In terms of regrets, she did not rue her decisions or chances she had missed as much as how she had spent her time and made the most of life’s circumstances. Her dreams had changed with age and position. Pleasure in life also changed its course and the small things in life took on more significance.

No comments:

Post a Comment