Thursday 2 July 2015

And winter came ...



It has suddenly turned chill in Harare. I guess we really are in July. Some of the deciduous trees in our garden are look very bare but the poinsettias are in bloom and so is the lucky bean erythrina.

Luckily my mood is not affected so far by the weather. Met up with my friend Sharon today. I have tried to meet twice before but cancelled due to being in a dip. She has been extremely gracious and understanding but today we met and it was good to sit and have a good natter over warm cups of tea and dunking chockits. It did my mood a huge service, thank you Sharon :)

I started to take sulpiride again as recommended by Dr Landman at the Well Woman Clinic. At least this time I so far haven't reacted to it like I did last time. Don't know if it was the combo of meds last time but it made me feel like I was going to keel over when I stood up and I felt giddy and nauseous. But so far so good this time. I also have to go and get vitamin B jabs and am taking calmag with my oats each morning. Continuing to map my moods and symptoms along my menstrual cycle. Bit apprehensive for the week prior to my period as that's when I usually hit a low. Been more upbeat the last couple of weeks but it is due any time.



My regular grade 7 student writes her entrance exam for Arundel on Saturday. Am really praying she gets in as she hasn't applied anywhere else. Was worried that I would be looking for more work from next week as didn't think her family would want to continue after the exam but thankfully they do want her to continue which is good. I also will be teaching a Czech lady English from next week in the mornings which will give me a bigger income and a chance to use CELTA.

I wish there was a magic pill that would just make everything fine and "normal" immediately. Instead it's a slow process but hopefully will get there. Read a fascinating article in the New York Times talking about how the bacteria in your gut might influence your mood. You can take a look here.



No comments:

Post a Comment