Sunday 5 July 2015

Zimbabwean winter



This weekend turned into a very social one indeed. Went to the trashion show on Friday and then for dinner. Then yesterday went to a braai with friends followed by hosting a games night (well only Lucy and John ended up coming, but we had fun playing Bananagrams with my Mum). Today had church and served tea and then went to go see the newly opened Food Lovers Market at Borrowdale Village. Stopped by Freshlyground to say hello to John and Lucy who were having coffee there, and we were invited to another braai at Lucy's parents'. The weather has been lovely and sunny and not too chilly.







Am still having a bit of Facebook envy seeing people overseas' photos of visiting beautiful places and knowing I could have been over in Oxford right now. I do need to decide soon when I'm going to use my ticket. It is a semi love hate relationship with the UK. On the one hand I feel like I'm missing out still being in Zim but on the other I don't really want to leave Zim. Aaarrgh! Can be very undecided. The trip over would be just a working holiday but it would be a scouting as well to see if opportunities are better. Despite all its problems though here, I have a very good support network and for the time being whilst I'm still on BUPA, I have good medical facilities and doctors who really care and give of their best and with a vested interest.

Lots of people have been sending me the advert for a job going with WEZ here to be the administrator. As much as I'd love to am finding work in the environmental sector just doesn't give a liveable wage. I am better off giving extra lessons and that allows me more free time for writing, art and other interests. Am seriously considering though having a stand at the local Maarsdorp weekly market with herbs, plants and crafts possibly. I used to do quite a bit of crafty things and we have a guy who comes to our gate who is very creative and makes stuff. Could possibly try sell stuff for him. Will see.

Saw my therapist on Friday as I mentioned in my previous post and discussed with her how my medication feels at times like it deadens my emotions and I just don't get as passionate about things as I used to. Also affects my sense of time in a way, or maybe that's just getting older but my memory is not quite what it was. At least my short term memory.

Supposed to start with my Czech diplomat with English lessons tomorrow and resume again with my Grade 7 student.
Have a good week :)


No comments:

Post a Comment