Monday 28 September 2015

Super Blood Moon and T-5 Days



Well I set my alarm clock for 4 o'clock this morning to see the lunar super blood moon eclipse. I'm afraid though when I woke up I simply stumbled out of bed, looked out the window, saw the bronze moon and went back to bed again. A friend had suggested going somewhere open to view it but the thought of getting up even earlier than 4 was a rather unappealing. Can say I saw it though. It was apparently a perigree moon and one of a tetrad of eclipses which gives it the name blood moon.

Taught my second last art lesson this morning and we experimented with painting with food colouring and then using jik and coarse salt. Also did basic printing with oil paint and etching. I then unfortunately had the wheel shaft come loose under my car again and was stranded on the side of the road, luckily not far from the International School. Our trusted mechanic came to my rescue and fixed it. After berating people having green verges I was rather appreciative of green grass and a shady spot to sit on and wait. Managed to make it to tea with my friend Lucy in her garden.




We had to then take my younger dog Elsie to the vet as she has done something to the joint above her paw. There was a rather dishy student vet helping. They did various tests and we await to see if we'll need to take her for an x-ray. They had wanted her to stay over night but she was already very stressed by it all and she is now lying peacefully at my feet in the kitchen. Have sat she and Jasper down and told them I'm going to be away. Will have to tell them on Saturday for how many sleeps.

Just got an email from the Wildlife Research Unit group at Oxford confirming I can visit next Monday afternoon. It is suddenly all very soon. Am a little daunted by the thought of using public transport especially in London. Lausanne in Switzerland was very simple with just the two metros. Will miss having my friend Gail there to navigate as she did last time on the underground. Getting excited though and trying to picture cooler weather.


No comments:

Post a Comment