Wednesday 13 January 2016

Numb versus Pain



Saw my psych today and it was a better session. She felt I was being more pro-active in seeking work and was keeping myself busy. My mood has been pretty stable over Christmas with no major dips. I did tell her though that it feels like I'm numb to things and I feel a little indifferent to what previously might have made me react. It makes deciding what I really want to do difficult. She said that this is partly what mood stabilisers do and is a good thing. I do agree I don't miss the terrible lows but I do in a way miss the highs. My doctor did point out the highs come with the lows.



I told my doctor about my friend having a baby and she asked me if I want children. I replied well wouldn't want to be a single mother and I can't currently afford to have children. She said I didn't sound that keen. I think I would but need to be in the right place. I told her I might regret not having them but it's not something to go through without thinking it through but I guess the clock is ticking. She did say that being on lithium doesn't mean I can't. I just would need to switch medication preferably before falling pregnant. To clarify I'm not about to fall pregnant!

I then had a meeting with the home school that's keen to have me teach. I have a student who wants to do AS Level environmental management. He is going back to the Netherlands so I will be teaching him over Skype which will be interesting. There are some O Level students that I will start with on Monday morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment