Sunday 31 January 2016

Back Home

Am back home again after another short stint of house and dog sitting. Is good to be with my doggies Jasper and Elsie. It does feel sad and strange though to not have dear old Pip, particularly when entering the kitchen where he used to sleep under the table. The dog I was looking after - Charlie, is also a fox terrier cross jack russell.

Charlie who I was looking after.
This past week I started teaching from the Cambridge syllabus for the O Level student at the home school. Decided I am not that comfortable with English as the syllabus has changed significantly since I did it and I'm not that confident marking it. Can do biology and maths though. A friend who has been in the UK is back and is wanting to return to live in Zim permanently. She might take on the English and history. She's the second friend wanting to return to Zim. Had lunch at Organikks in Chisipite yesterday with a friend who lives in Johannesburg who would also like to come back to Zim. We all think the grass is greener on the other side and envy the lives of those overseas but I guess there are things here like community, the sunshine and the lifestyle that others miss and want to move back home for.





Took the grade 3's and 4's in Kids' Church at The Base this morning. We looked at sin and how Jesus sets us free. They got to tie me up to symbolise being ensnared by sin. I think the kids found this great fun - perhaps a little too much so.

Spent the afternoon rambling round the garden with my dogs. This is Jasper's favourite thing but he did give me muddy high fives which disgraced him.


No comments:

Post a Comment