Thursday 19 October 2017

Pizza partying and house sitting



This week has been rather full. On Monday I went with my mum and friends to A Taste of the 80's at Reps produced by my friend Erin Sticklen. It was great escapism and definitely had a powerful feel good factor. A part of me wished I had been around to audition and get involved. Also made me want to learn how to play the drums again. I did have one drumming lesson when I was in Switzerland. Maybe something to pursue. I should maybe ask the Zimbabwe Craigslist - Zimvine on Facebook if anyone teaches how to play the drums. Had two more evenings out on Tuesday and Wednesday, with two quizzes. A friend was quiz master for the first and did a great job in compiling questions that were challenging but catered across the age range of those taking part. Went with friends who are here from the UK doing medical research to the Amanzi quiz last night and we came tie second.



Had my two personal training sessions despite the heat on Monday and today. I think I must have turned almost purple when asked to do jumping jacks (40 of them!) My face was still a radiant crimson when I finished and remained so for a good 20 minutes after. Monday was particularly challenging with the cardio as I had to skip, jumping jack, do my favourite mountain climbers (I think my trainer knows how much I dread them) and then do burpees. With the hot weather (it was supposed to have been 37 degrees yesterday) my trainer has said we can do a session in the pool where I'll be house sitting from Sunday. She did say though it will be a tough workout - I don't mind if it's wet. I have been going swimming at Polish friends' as they are away and have asked me to pop by and see their staffie.



I think it's the heat, but my students have been staging mini rebellions this week and going on go slows. My one student this afternoon felt he knew his times tables and couldn't understand why he needed to do multiplication work. When I pointed out his answers were wrong he replied well they were close - hmmmm. Need to think of ways to make it fun. We had started with a board game where you could add, subtract or multiply the die figures. When my student was not winning though he decided he'd had enough.



Tomorrow night I'm going to a pizza party for Sorellas Pizzeria and Cafe's 5th birthday. They do great pizza and pizza cake and it should be a fun evening. Will try go from there to Half Bar on Aintree Rd to a friend's birthday drinks.




SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment