Sunday 15 October 2017

Sez She, Reps and baby fairs


On Friday I went with friends to the very entertaining play Sez She at Theatre Upstairs. Chipo Chikara and Jamie McLaren excelled in their many roles and the play was both hilarious and full of pathos in its many cameos. I loved the green protester who would remain painted green forever and who wanted to start a new demographic group. My Borrowdale residing friend's absence was felt when there was reference to the Borrowdale housewife and the dodgy Monavale hippies. I realised I had seen the precursor to this play - Vital Signs, when Under the Affluence staged it in Chisipite in the "house" that was a set in the film The Power of One when it was filmed in South Africa but which was shipped up to Zimbabwe and re-assembled here in Harare. This was incidentally one of Daniel Craig of James Bond fame's first film appearances in the 90's.



After teaching my form 3 yesterday morning I went to The Christian Counselling Centre and helped two friends who were selling things at the baby fair. They did fairly well and we saw a few people we knew. Amazing how many people are having babies in the near future. It was baking hot though and when I got home I crashed on my bed for a few hours. Today I went to the quiz at Reps and then this afternoon we had a committee meeting for the Convent old girls as we are to organise our annual reunion lunch. It is going to be a challenge with people not having cash but we're making a plan, as good Zimbabweans do.

Tomorrow I'm going to Taste of the 80's - a music show at Reps. My mum thought she had to dress up - well I guess she could, but I might disown her.



No comments:

Post a Comment