Monday 30 October 2017

A trip to Disneyland



Today's lesson with my Chinese five year old on the prehistoric shark Megalodon that outdid T. rex was a success. He was quite taken with the size of its teeth and what it could eat. My student made me laugh when he said he enjoys having bad dreams or nightmares about sharks, he thinks they're really cool. I hope he doesn't have really bad dreams tonight. At the end of the lesson I asked what he wants tomorrow's lesson to be on. He surprised me by saying he wanted to visit Disneyland. This is coming from the little person who says, "No more please!" when I play him Disney songs occasionally and who usually evinces no interest in all things Disney. Maybe it's peer pressure from his friends at nursery school. Any way I have put together something on who Walt Disney was and his first cartoons and we'll then explore some of the rides at Disneyland. There are now apparently Disneylands in both Hong Kong and Shanghai. Will see how tomorrow goes.



I am feeling quite knackered as my workout with my personal trainer was the most gruelling to date. I  think lifting things is going to be painful tomorrow. My arms are letting me know they were stretched. I was using the kilo ball and kettlebell for most of it and then skipping (not as bad as jumping jacks but still gets your heart rate up). At one point I was supposed to do my favourite mountain climbers but with my hands perched on the kilo ball. I'm afraid I just couldn't get my legs out from under me and my trainer showed mercy and let me do them in the normal way - I was pretty exhausted by that point, I won't lie. I am going to sleep like the dead tonight.







Went charging across to Mount Pleasant for my last student today for 4 o'clock as they had specifically requested an earlier time. I pressed the gate buzzer about 8 times and then messaged and tried calling my student. I was on the verge of giving up at 4:25 when a voice suddenly came from the intercom. My student had apparently gone out into the garden and hadn't heard the bell. Um, one would think that if you have a lesson you would go inside and listen out for the buzzer and check your phone, especially if it is now after the time you requested. When my student asked what time I had got there and I told him, his response was simply, "Eish!" Eish indeed my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment