Tuesday 9 October 2018

Trying to look at the positive



This week has not been the greatest in Zim, with fuel queues returning, tax on electronic transfers increasing, prices skyrocketing and general panic. Tea at school today was very bleak with everyone discussing all of this and its implications. Not a cheery picture. Doing gate duty at lunch though I had one of the grade fours who is "researching on aliens" tell me all about what he plans which was a breath of fresh air and I had to try keep a straight face. He is looking now at "alien adoption" and said it is crucial you remember what happens when the aliens take you up into space. He also said that since he has started telling the teachers about his alien project he has become extremely popular. This is after one of the grade ones interrupted him this morning and said "you do know that aliens are not real?!" Nothing daunted he has continued with his endeavour - quite admirable really. The other teachers said I may have to listen to many more tales now that I have shown an interest. I don't mind - definitely something different and I love the grade four's creativity and abstract thinking.




Felt a bit ill after personal training today after a marathon of burpees and wall balls. My trainer said that it's a good sign as you're burning stored reserves - hmmm, not a big fan of feeling ill. Went from there to meet a person I will be house sitting for in Monavale from Sunday. It's an interesting house and there are raspberries that are almost ripe that I am allowed to eat (oooooooooh!!) Was warned the dogs might decide to sing me an aria at night so it is best to keep them separated from each other.



Looking forward to Freshlyground playing at Jam Tree on Friday. I hope they sing some of their older songs too as I know those more and they bring on good nostalgic moments.




No comments:

Post a Comment