Friday 5 October 2018

Magic on Zoom





The weeks are beginning to fly even faster and December is fast approaching - too fast! School is in full tilt and so far am steering clear of my students' lurgies, although I seem to have developed hey fever the last few days and slight ear ache with it. Am on antihistamines. Keeping on my toes with my naughtier boys, who keep trying their luck and see if they can skive out of work. Two of the grade four boys have decided to "research" on aliens. The one declared with absolute certainty when asked what colour they are, that they are definitely green! Although he conceded today that sometimes they are slightly red. He announced yesterday that they are doing an experiment in the playground with smelly cheese to attract these aliens and told the teachers that they must not be alarmed if aliens should happen to suddenly appear - they mean us no harm!



Last weekend I went with my boyfriend and some friends to Nyanga as there was the Fly Fishing Zimbabwe competition at Mare. They were lucky with the weather on Saturday, the day of the competition, as the weather changed on Sunday and it rained heavily on Saturday night. It was misty on the drive back through Nyanga and Juliasdale. Was given one of the trout that were caught, yum yum. Being away has made me speed up on marking. Managed to finish all my marking already for this weekend. Just have to do marks and schemes and prep for Monday. It is my turn to do assembly on Monday - have a story about patience and making mistakes.



Taught my Chinese student online this afternoon and was treated to a magic show by him. He is suddenly into magic tricks. I showed him some other tricks on Youtube which he was quite taken with. He did his performance with flair and panache, I must say.



Trying to finalise plans for visiting Germany and Switzerland in December when I go over to England for Christmas. The plan is to try first go to Berlin and then Frankfurt am Main, before visiting friends and former work colleagues in Lausanne (It's been 8 years already!)


No comments:

Post a Comment