Saturday 4 May 2019

What's the difference between Chinese and Japanese green tea?




Yesterday was very social. I tried miso soup for the first time. I bought it simply because it said soup and it was cold. Well, I am not sure I will buy it again. It is definitely an acquired taste. The slimy sea weed is a bit of a deterrent and I was not sold on the flavour. But hey it was warming and I did eat it all, telling myself it was good for me with every mouthful. Next time I will stick to sushi. Queen of Hearts, like other places, is now giving their prices in US dollars and then multiplying that by what the rate of the day is. It gets pricey very quickly. Even Nandos is doing it. Am busy trying to get data for my phone unsuccessfully. It has changed on EcoCash and the prices for it have also gone up. Got to really be careful so my salary will last until next pay day. Otherwise I will have to take on more extra lesson teaching.



I did go along to the May Fair at the International School this morning after teaching. Again, prices were all in US. Not so many non-car boot sale stands and those that were there were quite pricey. But it was nice to sit under the acacia trees and enjoy the music. One food stall was manned by little girls and one burst into tears when someone didn't pay, shame. There was a tea garden with different nationality teas. I tried to find out what the difference would be between having Chinese green tea compared to Japanese. The ladies there couldn't tell me. I ended up having a craft beer from The River Brewing Co. instead - it was yummy.





No comments:

Post a Comment