Thursday 2 May 2019

Looking forward to school



Just had our staff meeting and all set for the coming term. My class are going to do something for World Environment Day. Apparently they did really well with their presentations on plastic pollution when I was away. I am really ready to get going again and am looking forward to seeing my class. Rearranged my classroom slightly differently. Hope it works, but may have to adjust.
We've decided to end in the thirteenth week, not the fourteenth. Yay!


Apparently the Easter Bunny came at the end of last term and my class threw themselves into the Easter egg hunt and nearly tore the classroom down with the search. Lovely that they are still young at heart.



I might be exhibiting at the Harare International School May Fair on Saturday. Will see. Rather excited that a friend from my time at EPFL in Switzerland, who is from Hungary, wants me to send him a picture of wildlife and sunshine from Africa and he will pay me for it. Challenge accepted. Might do a pangolin, will see. Otherwise wild dogs or rhinos.



Was approached by a new school to teach high school science in French. I am flattered they thought I could do it, but I don't think I could as my French is a little rusty and I did say my grammar needs work. It would have been in the afternoons at St George's. I think it might have been overcommitting though as this term I have to redo the National Institute for Learning Difficulties course and I don't want to give up my personal training. Speaking of personal training, Cara has been pushing me quite hard but am feeling good. Doing heavier weights and on Tuesday we did a chipper, where you work down from reps of 100 to 20 of different things. The first reps were a killer. Skipping, wall balls, pivot squats ... Am still feeling it. Thank God no burpees. But I better not jinx today's workout.



Went to quiz on Tuesday and for fun we had to all come up with a collective noun for Zimbabweans. We said a queue, but there was a perseverance, a plan, a de-fuelling and others. Good fun but a sign of the times.


No comments:

Post a Comment