Monday 29 April 2019

Not too bad a Monday, second last before school



I was going to head over to school this morning, but the deputy head messaged to say the carpet cleaners were in, so I decided to work from home. Managed to finish my fourteen week plan and have my plan for next week. Now just got to prepare my materials and do a spot more photocopying (man it chews up trees).

Went in to the bank to try get some help with a problem on internet banking. People kept jumping the queue which was really irritating but eventually got served, only to be told the system was down. Found out where I was going wrong at least and managed to do the transaction at home. You sit there listening to the coins being counted (that is how your money if you are lucky is dispensed). Reminds me of the money changers in biblical times. My queue wasn't nearly as long as the one where people were trying to get cash.

Took my A level biology student at lunchtime. I am really enjoying getting back to biology and my pupil asks some good questions. Find that an hour of A level bio goes a lot quicker than my other hours of teaching. We have nearly finish biochem and will then go on to enzymes. Got home to an all too familiar smell of dead rat. I think there is another one in the pantry but I can't find it yet. From my last house sitting job where there was a dead rat, it turned out the smell was coming from one of the cushions on the bed, where the dead creature had taken refuge and then died. Hope I find this new dead rodent soon.



Had choir this evening, which was fun. Knew some of the songs better but struggled with the O Magnum Mysterium by M. Lauridsen. It is quite a complex piece. I won't be singing in the concerts but thinking of going either to the one at St George's in the Loyola Hall, or the one at Chapman Golf Course. The one lady said to me that if I join the choir I will bring the average age down quite a bit. They will also go sing at old age homes, a bit like what the UCT choir did when I was in it. There is also a tea break mid practice, also reminiscent of UCT choir days.


No comments:

Post a Comment