Saturday 6 April 2019

Keeping busy - my biggest coping strategy



This weekend is going to be very busy, I actually won't have much time on my hands at all, but from days of Dr Chagwedera and sessions with Rona, this is my best coping strategy. When I have time to kill and if it seems endlesss, I sit and ruminate and sink down. Today I have just moved in to cat sit for the week in Avondale. The cat in question though has brought a dead rat in somewhere in the bedroom and it is making its smell pronounced. I was asked by the friend whose flat it is to try locate it last night while she stood at a healthy distance - don't know why she thinks I am less squeamish than she is, but I guess a very dead rat wouldn't particularly bother me. The smell does though. It is somewhere around a chest of drawers, but no luck yet. My dogs would find it and chew it in a trice but it just isn't possible to get them here to find it (although the thought is ever so tempting). Theoretically the smell will eventually go away and the rat will just decay but I have no idea how long that will take. There is massive building construction going on next door so I am going to have to be a lot more security conscious as the builders can all see right in to the property here. I need to remember to go check on an elderly dog I house sit for normally too from Monday in Monavale. Suddenly very much in demand again for animal sitting.



So today, I went and picked up a hand made soap from a friend who has started The Little House of Herbs. She does beautiful stuff and it is all essential oils. Love it. I have a zoom lesson with my Chinese six year old (need to talk him out of eating pangolins from last lesson - eeeek). Then I am going to watch the film, The Favourite, at Reps in Theatre Upstairs with friends. Apparently it is actually pretty historically accurate according to BBC. I then have a four year old birthday party that I will go to after the film. Tomorrow is also fairly busy.




Last night I went to the art exhibition at Wechi - Art Framing and Gallery. There were some great pieces, the ones I liked particularly were by Coral (I have forgotten her surname). She used fabric collage in her work, in a most effective way. Mercy Moyo also does this with her portraits. Love it and want to try some time. The curator at Wechi said I should bring some of my better pieces and if they like them they could put them up on their website which attracts international buyers - pressure, eek. I also saw Leslie Johnson who organises the Wild Geese Art Festival. I had better look at what date it is, as I am apparently definitely down to exhibit - another eeeek, I didn't know it was definite. I had better paint!



Trying to be selective about what music I listen to, as that really affects me mood wise.



No comments:

Post a Comment