Tuesday 9 April 2019

Today has been slightly tearful with a touch of rain




Basically think I wasn't busy enough today and going to St George's for choir last night unhinged me a bit. I hope I don't get like this in Nyanga. It has also been overcast with some rain (we d.e.s.p.e.r.a.t.e.l.y need the rain but cloudy days make me low). Cara gave me a hard work out though. She did it with me again which made me really push (especially on the 30 burpees - my word!) We finished a bit early but I really couldn't have done more. My legs are still shaking slightly from last week's gruelling session - when I squat at all - you actually do more than you think. The end result though is an endorphin boost so I do feel a bit better and will try do some art tonight.



I went to Wechi this morning after dropping off Deborah. Well first I had a cup of coffee and an almond croissant at Aroma Caffe (owned by the parents of my former Sardinian student who is now at chef school in Italy). Yes, my exercise was working that off later, and yes I am kind of defeating it but I needed chocolate, but I should try not to make it a daily thing. Back to Wechi though, their prices were in US and then rate of the day for bond (today at 4:1). Calculating the relative cost for The Picture Frame (they want half in US dollars), Wechi still comes out cheaper and if the rate of the day were to go down it would be even more reasonable. They also offered to just mount some pieces nicely which is A LOT cheaper than framing. For Wild Geese they did point out that the person buying might not like your frame. I can technically mount things myself, but they do it so much more professionally. But after all of this I think working in a framing shop must be a lot of fun. They had some pieces that had just been framed by Tami Walker (a photographic artist). They were stunning. She gets stuff printed in South Africa and then framed at Wechi. Her work is beautiful.






Popped home to get my gym gear and see my dogs. It promptly started pouring with rain. Then just had training. Am going to try one other person who does framing who is based at Dandaro and then make my decision but leaning towards Wechi. For Wild Geese I want to print a couple of photos on either canvas or wooden blocks. Focal Point do both but will also try PrintWorks and then maybe Strachans (the only problem is they are in town). Checked the date for Wild Geese - it is the first weekend of June, so a bit of time, but I need to get organised before school resumes in the first week of May.


No comments:

Post a Comment