Friday 12 April 2019

Am doing better tonight



Well I went round to where I am house sitting from Tuesday to discover the cat I was supposed to be looking after is very sadly no longer. He had to be put to sleep yesterday, which is all rather sad. I am still required for the chickens however. I think I would rather a cat in many ways but there we go. I have to put the chickens to bed every night and talk nicely to them to get them in the coop with a bit of tempting with feed. I have never had to look after chickens, but there is a first time for everything I guess. Not signing up to look after a house snake - just putting that out there.



On better terms with Matt which makes me feel a lot better and lifted some of the weight of this last week. I am not getting my hopes up about anything but I think I will sleep better tonight and I am not weeping like last night.

Saw my psychiatrist - an hour and a half wait - better than the last time of three hours. He says my lithium is causing my hand tremors and the shaking in my legs when I squat - I thought it was my personal training causing the legs but he said no, I need to decrease my lithium dose. I read an article yesterday on BBC about a 35 year old having Parkinson's and it made me a tad worried. I know my gran developed it from the medication she was on. My hand trembling comes and goes. There are days when holding a cup of tea is difficult and I struggle not to spill it.


Off to Nyanga with three others at 10.30 tomorrow. Will try stop at Halfway House - my friend and personal trainer, Cara's parents have done it up and are trying to make it a nice place to pass by en route to the Eastern Highlands. Back in the day it was, but it has fallen a bit to wrack and ruin since then. I remember they used to do amazing Cornish pasties and had a really interesting antique shop. I also remember the homemade marshmallows and sugar mice that were beautifully crafted and delicious. The marshmallows especially over a fire in Nyanga - yum!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment