Monday 20 July 2020

And then suddenly COVID was very real



I ended up phoning the head this morning to touch base on what the plan is for next week. It now hinges on whether the grade 7's will write their entrance exam on Saturday the 1st or not. It is beginning to look a bit unlikely as suddenly the incidences of COVID have started to sky rocket. I mentioned previously the case of a person at the cathedral who had it and has now died. There was also a security guard at the Bon Marche in Mount Pleasant who tested positive, four staff at the Milton Park new hospital, and then a teacher who was offering private tutoring who also infected all her students. I think my trips out are going to end from now and I will see if I can teach my new student online rather. For school, if grade 7's do write, I have to do past papers with them next week and then start with my grade 6's and 7's the following week online again. Deep breath in and out.



My Chinese students have fizzled out which is a bit bleak but had my other student that I still tutor this afternoon. On the way home I stopped at my friend Lucy's. Her little boy got very excited to see me. He first came and sat behind me and played with my hair and then decided I was a giddy up pony and while I was trying to drink a cup of tea he bounced behind me. He calmed down a little and followed us to the vegetable garden where Lucy gave me some salad and veg. While we were busy with this Philippe got bored and built a dam in the coriander flower bed. He decided to add water to this dam and turned on the hose pipe. This started to encroach on the healthy coriander patch and we tried to stop him but the mud became very alluring and it started with hands and feet but rapidly deteriorated into knees and then full body in the mud. Philippe was in white shorts and a lovely sweater. All part of childhood but poor Lucy had her first full mud experience. Philippe came and had a bucket bath but just after he had come clean he made a mad dash back to the coriander flower bed and got coated once again. It was really hard to not laugh and seem stern.




Looks like it is back to being a hermit after this though and online communication again. Had Pilates with my sister this evening. She was having it in her garden in Swindon with two Scottish guys. I ended up being the only girl which is unusual.

No comments:

Post a Comment