Tuesday 29 December 2020

Applaus rehearsal and blowing into the fish tank

 I noticed this morning that Oscar's pump seemed to not be circulating the water as effectively and there were fewer air bubbles. Oscar has taken to lurking by the outlet pipe which makes me worry she is again not getting enough oxygen. The owners said that as long as the pump and filter are still going it should be OK, hmmm. I was supposed to be exchanging some of my surplus of weed with someone in Hatfield and so went out to see my friend Nina again. Left the weed with her for the other person to collect for her fish tanks and once again I talked fish. Glynne, Nina's husband had the bright idea to look up the manual for the tank pump. As far as we could tell, cleaning out the filter regularly should do the trick. He did suggest thought that perhaps I should blow through the in pipe to the pump and check there isn't a blockage. Nina quickly piped in that perhaps I should just stand there blowing until the owners get back or until I or the fish pass out from asphyxiation. Nina!! I will try blowing though and see if this does the trick. Maybe not until the 2nd of January though! Nina said she was eying some bream at Mukuvusi today, as she thought perhaps we could paint one with orange and pass it off for an Oscar fish if all else fails. Apparently most fish shops here don't have oscars at the moment due to COVID.

I've signed up to watch the live online performance of the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra on New Year's Day. There is an online dress rehearsal tomorrow though. I have to sign in on the Applaus App. On the day they will show people around the world watching. Welcome to New Year's Day in 2021. A very different concert to normal but quite fun in some ways.

Having sworn I won't house sit fish again, I've taken on some tadpoles to put in my classroom when school starts. Not sure what they eat? Might try Pronutro flakes. Hopefully easier than fish! I've been going into school to do some sorting. Debating if I will go in tomorrow and Thursday. I'm no longer going to Nyanga next week though, so there is still time. Trying to fit in some geography prep for the second term too and will need to start getting organized for form 1 and 2 maths.

No comments:

Post a Comment