Thursday 3 December 2020

This time next week ...

 Nearly through the last full week of school. This time next week I will be on holiday (woohoo! Haven't really been since May) and next Friday I am headed to the Bvumba with two friends for three nights. Bring on Tony's Coffee Shop and decadent cake, walks in the forest and possibly a cocktail at Leopard Rock Hotel. We will have to take diesel with for the generator and make an ice box from a cold box to last us as the transformer is down, but I can't wait for mountain air and a break from Harare and school. Am pretty desperate to get away.

The requests to house sit do keep coming in for over Christmas. Turned down a really nice one in Umwinsidale. Hope where I am going to be is pleasant as I haven't seen it yet. Always a little nervous now when that's the case as had one or two not so great set ups in the past that I agreed to before seeing.

Have an online meeting just now with the head of NILD Zimbabwe to discuss an assessment she did of one of my students who is also my NILD ward. Will see where I can further help him as he is extremely dyslexic. A friend of mine who is dyslexic is going to come and give a talk to my class about his work on building his own drones using a 3D printer and glider planes. He was threatening to stir my class up to rebellion against the system. Had to tell him that they already are rebellious and don't need too much more encouragement in that regard. My ring leader has calmed down and is applying himself and being more polite but am hanging in there to the end of term.

Off to watch a documentary film tonight called Gather on native american culture and food crops. Hope it doesn't rain as it is planned for outside in the garden to be COVID compliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment