Friday 17 January 2014

Pending change

Currently waiting to hear still if the job has been cleared by the Board and if I am to start next week or not. In the meantime I have been subbing at the International School and am entering data for a project in Save Valley. Also catching up with school friends who are home visiting their families from England, Ireland and America. So am keeping busy. In a way launching into a full day working schedule is going to be hectic as as I have mentioned previously, this is going to be the first time I will be working full time since my crash in Switzerland.

If for some reason the game park job doesn't work out my potential game plan is to advertise English lessons at the various Chinese restaurants in Harare and at the community centers of the Chinese community. I reckon there would be a market for it and I could earn a decent salary this way. Will see. I am going to miss being a free agent and being flexible to do coffee with friends and be part of the creative arts group I have been meeting with last year. My psychologist bluntly said though that these are less important than a paying job. I guess so but I will miss having a group to be creative with and hoping I will still keep friendships going.

The friend from England asked why I don't consider moving to the UK. Will have to see. Not sure if I would cope with the weather and it could be lonely. There are lots of my school friends there though and potentially I could earn a much higher salary than I do here. Think the lifestyle would be more pressurized than Zim's though and although I have friends and some family, I would still need a support network and not sure if it would match the one I have in place here. Nevertheless if I do secure employment and can save a little, I would like to visit the UK.

So waiting for the reply from the game park and will see where things go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment