Wednesday 15 January 2014

Waiting


I will find out hopefully tomorrow whether the board of the game park have agreed to the creation of the new post for me. It was a little bit of a curveball to be told that after all of this the position has been agreed to by the board yet and there is a small chance they could say no. I was reassured that this was very small, but still, there is a chance. If they say yes though as of potentially next week my whole life is going to change. I would be starting to work full days, to start off with in Harare till the end of January. From February I am to move out to Marondera. So big changes.

This past week while I wait I have been subbing at the International School for the music teacher, finishing off some other data entry work and then seeing friends who are back home visiting their families. I will have to get used to not being my own person and working from 8 till 5. I will probably find this rather tiring as I haven't done this since Switzerland.

The future is a little hazy with what I will be doing. I am trying to make the most of having my own time and doing what I enjoy with free time. This is going to be a luxury if I start working full time. Should the game park job not pan out, I will have to look for pupils to tutor. I am thinking of perhaps advertising to teach English at the many Chinese restaurants and community centres. This could be quite lucrative as there is a demand I'm sure. Continuing to work free lance and be my own boss has it's bonuses but guess is not a very secure position. I am going to have to work out how much it would offer in income and compare it to the salary I am being offered in Marondera. I don't always factor this kind of thing in but I guess I should.

Ultimately the final decision on taking the job if the board offers it rests in my hands. I just need to try and make a decision that I can live with and try not to do it out obligation in what I feel will please others. I can at least have a trial period of 3 months and decide fully after this. Will see. First off will see if I get the offer tomorrow and then take it from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment