Thursday 27 August 2015

Keeping busy



This week has flown by as I have been keeping pretty busy. I thrive on being active and do much better mood wise when I have structure to my day. I have new Chinese students to use my CELTA teaching English as a foreign language with. They are lovely. One is a businessman in a tobacco company, whilst the other is a house wife. Finally really putting my training in Cape Town into practice and hopefully is a step towards breaking into the Chinese community here which could possibly be the way to go.

Have also been sociable this week seeing lots of ladies for tea. Spent a wonderful afternoon with a lady I don't know that well from church who is challenging herself to meet with every lady in the church. Her story touched me as she too struggled with depression but she has come through with an amazing testimony. Her garden is a delight, full of pinks, oranges and purples with lavender, clivias, bougainvillea and another flower I can't remember the name of.




Also went along to the pub quiz at Amanzi last night with friends. Usually can't go as it is the same night as home group but was free yesterday so was able to go and it was a lot of fun. We came 5th and I was chuffed at getting echelons from the French for ladder. Remembered after the Swiss legend of the invasion of Geneva and the annual marathon around the city commemorating it with La Fete D'Escalades.


Also got the following dingbat - see if you get it :)




The weekend looks busy with a music camp concert tomorrow night, possibly writing group on Saturday morning, another classical music concert by artists visiting from the States for the music camp and then a darts social with friends on Saturday night.



Just over a month till I touch down in the UK. Let me know if you would like to see me if you are over that way and possible dates you're free :)



No comments:

Post a Comment