Monday 5 October 2015

Oxford Day 1



After the sunshine yesterday I woke to rain today but I am enjoying cooler weather. After breakfast Sarah and I headed into the city centre from Headington on the bus. We made our first stop Shuropody to find shoe implants for my plantar fasciitis. I was given a free consultation by one of the shop's chiropodists. I had to have my walking observed so I walked barefoot across the shop. He then gave me exercises to do and got some implants that I have to wear for increasing increments of time each day. They were a little pricey but hopefully will help. Also have to ice my heels.





Sarah then showed me where the language school is for my meeting on Wednesday and where Gloucester Green was for the bus station. We then walked around the Covered Market and a bit of the rest of the city centre and headed home for lunch. I was meeting Andrew Loveridge from the Widlife Conservation Research Unit at Oxford University at 1:30. The WildCRU department is based out in Tubney near Abingdon. Sarah kindly dropped me off and I caught the bus back. There may be some work for the lion project in Zim when I get back.

Tubney near WildCRU


When the bus reached Gloucester Green I walked down some other streets and followed the road back to Headington as far as Headington Hill Park before catching the bus when it started to rain a bit more heavily.





Tomorrow I am meeting up with my Mum's cousin Trevor.

No comments:

Post a Comment