Wednesday 7 October 2015

Oxford Day 2 & 3



Yesterday I met up with my Mum's cousin Trevor at The Black Boy Pub in Headington. Have been corresponding with Trevor and he had put together the family tree from my Gran's side of the family. We hadn't met in person though since I was 3. It was great to meet up and he gave me some photos of great and great great grandparents.

I then went through to the city centre and found the Radcliffe Camera, Bodleian Library and Bridge of Sighs and went past Blackwell's and Trinity College. Met at Java Junction with my Sister Beth after she finished her shift at the New Theatre. Had seen Beth and her boyfriend Andrew on Sunday evening after I arrived. Tomorrow she is joining Sarah and I to visit a friend in Froxfield near Newbury.







Today I went to visit the language school on St Michael's Street. They are keen for me to teach there next year. Have been given books to look at while I'm here. Did get an email inviting me for an interview at Arundel in Zim for this Saturday. Told them I'm away but could try via Skype if that would work. Will see. Think it's for literature too though which I can't really do.

Also visited the Gloucester Green market this morning and it was a fun vibe with people calling out their wares and lots of colourful veggies. Had dinner this evening with Helen, Sarah's daughter and her husband Simon. We had what is known as the cellar bottle roulette, whereby Sarah selected a random bottle of wine that is in her cellar for dinner.



Have been enjoying the autumn colours and the flowers in Sarah's garden.




No comments:

Post a Comment