Friday 7 September 2018

So far, so good

Overall the first week back hasn't been bad and had some good moments. I am a little tired now though, I won't lie. Some of my class were a little disappointed they weren't in the new teacher's class but I did get a hug from my one naughtier student which was sweet. Generally my class has been quieter now I have slightly fewer of them. At one point my naughty student said, "Miss Lannas, have you noticed we're quieter than the headmistress's class?" He was actually dead right - it hasn't lasted but it was good at the time. One of the girls wanted to know why I don't wear my hair down much. In response, one of my other naughty boys said, "Don't question Miss Lannas' fashion choices." They do make me laugh. Had one of the boys with autism leopard crawling past my classroom this morning and making grunts. Later in the morning he suddenly came wandering in and told me he had made a garden for the snakes in the yard outside. Never a dull moment.



Am head over heels in love with my boyfriend and everything has a rosy tint to it. Best anti-depressant ever! He really does make me happy and puts a smile on my face. I did see my psychiatrist today though and from my blood tests my lithium is not within the therapeutic level which means I have to have my dosage upped - not that happy about that as it does make my hands tremor a bit and makes me have hair loss and weight gain. We happened to get onto the topic of if I ever have children and he said that I really need to know before hand and plan, as if you are on lithium it can affect the baby in the first 12 days of being conceived and can have some fairly detrimental effects on their heart and spine development - scary!! He said if you miss this important stage you may as well carry on taking lithium but it is best to switch to lamotrigine which is not detrimental if you can help it. You can apparently breastfeed on lamotrigine (you can't on lithium). Good to know and to discuss such things. Besides this my psych also gave me a pep talk about what I can do next year for NILD (oh, I have been allowed to redo it next year, which is good news). Need to prepare in advance and take steps to avoid last minute panic, which I know I should have done but there were some things that popped up that meant I hadn't finished preparing for school and went into a flap.



We had a musical quiz at the Mustard Seed on Tuesday, where we got asked pop culture and asked to identify various pieces of music played on the piano. I was able to help with musicals and more modern music. The older members of our team were fairly good at the older music and we came first. Teaching my Chinese five year old this evening, I played him a few more Disney songs and he asked for some more from Cats (the musical), so I showed him Mr Mistoffelees and he loved the "magic". He is also really enjoying Mary Poppins now and wanted to know if there were really "people called Mary Poppins", which I thought was rather cute - "a person" rather, but sadly no.








No comments:

Post a Comment