Monday 10 September 2018

And just like that he'll be leaving



Today has been a little frenetic. My three naughty grade sevens were up to nonsense and I ended up sending one of them first to go do his work with the grade ones, and then to the head's class. I think the latter had a greater impact and he came back with his tail between his legs. Am glad I followed through with what I had threatened, as I don't think he thought I was going to and got a shock when I did. The morning had started off well with me taking art first thing. I played some music while the children worked and I was impressed when they requested Beethoven and Mozart (well some of them :P ).



Didn't realise that today was my second last lesson with my favourite Chinese five year old before he goes back to China on Wednesday (sad panda face). I will miss him and his family so much. They really are very dear to me. Baby brother came and took me by the finger the other day and led me to the black board to see his art work - he is only one and a half. My five, soon to be six year old, was very taken with a video of one of the latest Emirates air buses. He was more excited about the aeroplane than his stop over in Dubai. He had wanted to make a revolving battery powered mobile as his next project and he had settled on the video below - that was until I realized he leaves on Wednesday. Will have to wait till he is back next and will see if my boyfriend can help me. At the Maasdorp Market on Saturday I found another book written by Posy Simmonds called "The Bouncing Buffalo". I have her book "The Chocolate Wedding". Think I will give this other book as a birthday present to my five turning six year old.





Have been asked to contribute photos to a project being run by the Zimbabwe Association of Female Photographers in conjunction with the Iziko Museum in Cape Town. They made a previous mini video documentary - see below. They are wanting to make an updated longer version. Am to be interviewed for it too some time this week. Quite an exciting development.

One of my photos is on this previous video.


OK I had better finish preparing for tomorrow and mark yet more books. After having my naughty three driving me up the wall today, when I said goodbye to the class at lunch time the one said he didn't want to go home and couldn't we have a sleep over at school (not today but another night). The whole class then got excited and really thought this was a marvellous idea (I inwardly groaned). The boy who suggested it was already saying who could bring tents and then others to contribute supplies. Was very relieved when I told the head that she vetoed the idea, as fun as it may have been for the students - I don't think I could handle a whole night with no sleep with all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment