Friday 22 January 2021

Getting back to getting fit

 Had physio this morning and we worked on balancing on my dodgy ankle (although the physio said not to call it that). She had me wobbling on a balance ball, a trampoline and then ... a balance board (definitely the hardest). Although I didn't feel I mastered balancing too well, she said she thinks she only needs to see me for one more session next week. She also gave me the go ahead to start doing things like squats, but not running just yet. I therefore did a core and tummy session at home in the shade area after my Zoom lesson this morning. I had Jasper and Elsie come to inspect what on Earth I was doing. Might try do a Body Balance or Pilates/Yoga work out with my sister later. Will see.

Have been asked to help tie up a friend who has moved to England's personal estate here and would get paid out the country for it. Just depends on how long lockdown lasts for but might be able to next week. Am honoured they trust me enough to ask me.

Stayed up late last night watching The Handle Bards production in India of Twelfth Night. I know the basic gist of the story but am afraid both my mum and I got lost as to who was who, as the play only had four actors who doubled up in roles. Recognised the opening lines "

If music be the food of love, play on;
Give me excess of it, that, surfeiting,
The appetite may sicken, and so die.
That strain again! it had a dying fall:
O, it came o'er my ear like the sweet south,
That breathes upon a bank of violets,
Stealing and giving odour! Enough; no more:
'Tis not so sweet now as it was before."
Thoroughly confused about halfway, we decided to call it quits and go to bed.

I attempted a self portrait out in the garden. I'm not that happy with the product and don't think it looks like me. May try again. So far was just using water colour, but may try add some oil pastels, maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment