Friday 15 January 2021

Giving my first ballet class

 We heard the Madagascar cuckoo in our garden today which was very exciting. It was bucketing with rain though so I didn't go out and try catch a glimpse of it. Hopefully it will be back. A friend suggested we record the time we hear it and where on the Monavale Nature WhatsApp group so we can try tell if there's more than one. Be nice if it wasn't all on it's lonesome blown across from Madagascar by Cyclone Chalane.

I signed my contract with Chisi today. Deep breath. It is going to be a lot of work. Still unclear which forms I am taking. Be nice to be preparing now. Am carrying on with my online course on inquiry-based learning and getting useful online tools, in case we're still in lock down, heaven forbid.

Spent this afternoon assembling my class's work packs. Last year my students tended to not bother to stick in their worksheets which resulted in them having a discombobulated, amorphous mass of floating papers that never saw the inside of their exercise books and very little to show for all the effort I'd put in to making their work material. SO ... I have painstakingly cut out and stuck in EVERY sheet into this year's students' books for them. My what a time consuming exercise! Here's hoping it pays off (although I have my doubts still). Am done now and everything is boxed for Monday's collection. I think I will make a start at preparing the next two weeks' work next week as it is so labour intensive. Everything hinges on dear E.D. and what he says for the end of January, but it won't hurt to print out two week's work ahead of time so it's not a rush after his announcement (which we know not when will be).

Tomorrow I have said I will teach a friend's little girl, Emmy, some ballet over Zoom. Have already picked out the Sugar-Plum Fairy and have some ideas up my sleeve. It will have to be demonstrated on my better ankle but should be fun. Hope the music plays OK over Zoom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment