Friday 6 July 2018

Bracing myself for the next three weeks

At the end of term


So I haven't blogged in a little while. Life has been fairly full on. With elections meaning school closes earlier everything has been brought forward and I have had to get into exam preparation mode for school. Have set all my papers now and have just drafted letters for parent consultation the week after this. I will have to have reports done for this so next week is going to be a little crazy trying to mark and get ready for consultation. I have also just started the American National Institute for Learning Difficulties' educational therapist course online. I need to try finish an essay for that tonight looking at Mather and Goldstein's Building Blocks of Learning and how you look at all sorts of factors in assessing why a child is struggling to learn - you see if it is the process, environment, inherent difficulties and the interaction of these. I have to take part in the online discussion on Sunday evening. I will have essays and online work for the next four weeks for the course and then a residence week at the end of August. A part of me wishes I had not taken this on in my first term of teaching, but it will help me to assist my students better, particularly the dyslexics and slow processors. I also now officially have a boyfriend which is very exciting and the first time I ever have. Catch myself smiling from ear to ear.



Apart from that (well that is my life in a nutshell at the moment), it is flipping cold today. Apparently there is snow in Cape Town and it is sub-zero in Joburg. My two ridgebacks that I am dog sitting are buried under blankets. I feel sorry for the poor street kids and vagrants. Everything is heating up politically now as elections are three weeks away. Heard about the grenade thrown at either Mnangagwa or Chiwenga on the radio almost as it happened. There are posters going up everywhere and all sorts of random independent candidates parading about. Things economically really need to be sorted out as industry and commerce just can't operate with the restrictions in forex and imports. It is really tough for many people to carry on and they are in limbo.

OK I need to apply myself and finish this essay! You may not hear from me for a little while :P I may re-emerge at the end of term (hopefully!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment