Monday 9 July 2018

Teeny bit manic but being productive



So I think I may be a teeny bit manic but told my therapist and she said as long as I am being productive with it I should maybe capitalise on it but monitor it. Am getting through what I need to. Managed to mark one set of exam papers before the end of school and made a start on the next. I then need to start on this week's NILD. Just taught my Chinese student online. We read The Smartest Giant in Town (I love Julia Donaldson). Have been trying to find kids books that are funny as he is beginning to lose his English being in China and needs humour to stay focused. Came across a delightful book called How To Be a Dog by Jo Williamson. The illustration of how to toilet train your dog had my student and his mum both in stitches. I am very excited that my five year old will be back in Zim from next week and I will see him soon. It still is the highlight of my day when he comes online and says hello Kitty. Also had my form four this afternoon and we managed to get halfway through chapter summaries on Spies. His exam is "only" next week - ahhh! Last minute dot com.





Finding NILD interesting and it is definitely giving me a greater appreciation on the intricacies of learning difficulties and how to approach it. We looked at different ways of being intelligent and processing information and where different parts of the brain come in. I found it really interesting that they consider depression, anxiety, poor motivation and low self esteem as learning challenges and that these should be considered in school children as affecting their mental availability to learn. I would love to go into this more.



Am suddenly in demand for house sitting. It looks like I will go home for a week before moving on to three more successive house sitting stints. Is quite fun but when things go wrong it's a little bit of responsibility. I do enjoy having my own space though.

OK I must mark, write report comments and start this week's chapters for NILD. No essay though this week does make life seem more liveable, I won't lie :P Will try not to drink too much coffee to compound the semi manic high I seem to be on.


No comments:

Post a Comment