Wednesday 11 July 2018

Pick My Poison



Just had a rather scary incident driving home. Was turning onto Borrowdale Road when the car next to me stupidly decided to go across the road in the face of a petrol bowser hurtling towards us. They semi changed their mind halfway but as a result the petrol bowser came to a screeching halt and had to swerve across the road to avoid collision. I nearly got side swiped as a result, narrow miss.

We are back to another two days without electricity where I am house sitting. There is a solar system set up for half the house but currently it doesn't have enough power stored. Hoping it is charged up for when I get home tonight as I have work to do. I also need to bake for tea on Friday tomorrow. If all fails I can use the gas oven, but a little nervous of that, I won't lie.

For my NILD I asked one of my students to be my guinea pig. He is badly dyslexic and ADHD. I was delighted that he is keen to do it and didn't see staying in for 20 minutes at break as being a punishment. I think he actually likes the attention. Going well so far. I need to read up on this week's new technique to try apply it tomorrow with him. So far otherwise have been doing last week's rhythmic writing.





Yesterday in gym my trainer got me to play "pick your poison". She gave me a deck of cards and I had to pick a card - each suit and number symbolising a particular workout and number of reps. I got A LOT of box jumps and 30 burpees!! When I picked the burpees she said well at least I was getting the burpees out the way. The look she got from me said it all and she said, "Yoh, that was a look indeed". Yes I think it was my not-impressed-teacher one unintentionally :P



I have volunteered to be quiz mistress in October at the Mustard Seed. It will be the day before Halloween so think I will use that as inspiration.

OK, off to help my form four and then must get ingredients for Friday's tea and then work on NILD, finish marking and write reports.

No comments:

Post a Comment