Saturday 28 July 2018

When Monday was "canceld"



The last week of school was a bit of blur. It's amazing that if I had had to keep going for another two weeks, I probably could have, but my body seemed to decide that since we were closing this week I was well and truly exhausted. On Monday at assembly, one of our autistic boys came up to his teacher and announced he had a letter for the teachers. On it he had written "Monday is canceld". We all got the giggles but thought it was a very good idea. We carried on though.



I had my last parent consultations this week and they went fairly well. The one boy had taken to doing the sign of the cross when I called him to come see me over homework. He claimed it made it go better if he did. Am I really that scary?! We did prehistoric life for the last environmental science lesson of the term and I unthinkingly told the class that the dinosaurs possibly went extinct due to a meteor crashing into earth. Oh dear, this student latched onto this and wanted to know if it could happen again and could occur any time from now. I then made things worse by saying well we were more likely to die in a car crash - the other teachers at break said why oh why did I say that, as this particular student does not let up.

Just finished my last NILD essay before the residency week at the end of August. Can have a bit of break now. We had our staff meeting for next term the day after school finished and planned out next term. It's going to be busy and parent consultations will be straight after exams again but I will have a smaller class and won't be doing NILD at the same time.

Elections are on Monday. A friend just found a link for a list of MP candidates - have been battling to find this. Not sure how long it is all going to take but I will be teaching my Chinese student first and then go to Selbourne Routledge School on Monday to vote.




No comments:

Post a Comment