Monday 16 July 2018

One day down, four to go!



Well it was a bit chaotic trying to get comments from other teachers for reports to send to print at Boss this morning (our school is still without ZESA - we've had more days without electricity than with it this term). It was my one student's 12th birthday and he brought a huge cake which was shared with the entire school and support staff. I welcomed the sugar - got me through to 4.30. Unfortunately it made my class rather hyper after break and it was hard trying to get them to focus on the last bit of phonics. My first set of parents for consultation were there on the dot of one o'clock even though I had said we would start at 1.30. It went fairly well but they objected to me giving homework that required looking things up on the internet as they said it meant they had to switch their computer on (and this was an issue). Am afraid I just said that in the 21st century I think it is an essential skill to be able to research things online and left it at that. My second set of parents cancelled so I got off lightly today. Tomorrow and Wednesday (especially Wednesday) will be heavier going.



It has been freezing today. Might start a fire in the lounge just now and sit and mark and do NILD work. Friday will hopefully be my watershed and after that I'm on the home run to the end of term. Need to start thinking about my final NILD essay as it is a bit of a biggie. I have to also learn the phonics book we have been given for the intensive residency week during the holidays. At least the parents of my student that is doing the NILD rhythmic writing technique with me at break times were not opposed to him doing this, initially I thought they were.


No comments:

Post a Comment