Tuesday 2 June 2020

Police presence



After going through a laid back police roadblock yesterday, apparently the police were out in force today and not letting people into town readily. This was supposedly due to the court case for the MDC Advocate Mpofu's trial happening. We have been at home all day and so were unaware.

I had a long Zoom session with my grade 7's this morning and they did concentrate fairly well. I gave them a break halfway through. A few managed to get themselves logged out of the meeting so I have to keep track of who is still on. One of my grade 6 mothers wants me to give their child one on one. I can't really give them all one on one, but her child does struggle. Remote learning suits some of the students well and they are conscientious and keep up, but for some it is a bit of a nightmare and I don't think they are following what we are doing.

I don't know about getting back on track easily. I think we're going to have to do a lot of revision when we get back.
I have more than two working, the grades sadly do matter and the parents and I care.


Tomorrow for art will try do a landscape in a Lindsay Ford style with oil pastel and water colour. I don't do Zoom sessions with my class on Wednesday but may have to take this one child. On Thursday I go into school to swop books and will do two Zoom sessions, so I would rather do the extra Zoom tomorrow as on Thursday I will also have marking.



Lindsay Ford landscape


Had a lovely chat again with my dear friend Heather and saw her little boy who is growing well. Sat chatting online on the verandah in the afternoon sunshine with my dogs Jasper and Elsie. Keeping our exterior doors locked when we're not in the room as we are getting a lot of beggars coming to the gate. A lot of them want US dollars but we only offer them a sandwich and some tea. There are a lot of desperate people about and lock down is causing some people to starve.

No comments:

Post a Comment