Wednesday 24 June 2020

In my happy place



Had my Wednesday art morning again today. I missed two weeks as was in a down but got my things out today and had fun. Under Sarah Fynn's guidance I picked a photo of a kudu and then did different abstractions, using blind contour and block shading to cutting out a concertina of the shape and then worked into the shapes and form using oil pastel, water colour, a solid graphite block (which I loved), charcoal and then a toothbrush for splattering and a sponge. Really enjoyed it and was fairly pleased with how it all worked out.




At 12 pm I had a nail biting final bidding on Bidding Wars for Julia Donaldson phonics books for the school. Another friend was also bidding and it literally went down to the last second before midday. Only my second time winning a bid but never had someone else bidding simultaneously against me. It was close. The books should be a good tool kit to work from at school.



I took my new student for maths for the first time this afternoon. He lives in a gated community where another friend Claire Bradnum used to live. Made it easy to find as had been there before. We sat distanced across the dinning room table. Stopped at a friend's afterwards to drop off some wool for making blankets for an old age home in Mabvuku. Cleared up some cupboard space at home (slowly, very slowly clearing).

It's been a little bit warmer and brighter the last two days. Definitely an improvement to the gloom over the weekend. Didn't realise there was a solar eclipse on Sunday. Would explain why it got very dark. Wouldn't have seen it because of the cloud.


No comments:

Post a Comment