Tuesday 12 February 2019

She's out, but claims she can go back to work tomorrow



School was a bit of a whirlwind again this morning. I had a long queue of waiting readers at my desk and the kids started saying, "Miss Lannas there's a fuel queue." One boy came late and said he was a diesel engine, could he cut in front of the petrol cars? Shows which country these children live in. The boy wanting to be the diesel engine was told he is treading on very thin ice at the moment with his work ethic. He promptly asked what he can do to make the ice thicker. My one boy who suffers from depression burst into tears again in maths. Saw his mum at lunchtime and she said this is part of his anxiety. Need to gently try again tomorrow and maybe try a different angle.



So the big news, my mum is finally home. But ... she claims the doctor said it was OK to go back to work tomorrow. She does have a follow up appointment with him tomorrow morning though at his surgery and she said he said she must look at going down to Cape Town next week. I find the two things rather contradictory. Am trying to get her to sit with her leg up. She's not really listening. Her cellulitis has to come down for her to fly but if she doesn't rest it won't! I can only do so much though.

Am supposed to be going to Kariba next week Thursday for half term with my boyfriend and some other friends. Our gardener should be able to take care of things if we are both away, but just have to now plan for my mum's imminent trip for surgery and liaise with my aunt. My mum could be gone at least three weeks.

Has sort of flipped things upside down a bit. Made me suddenly think about life without my mum. She has never been in hospital or really sick apart from pneumonia once.


No comments:

Post a Comment