Wednesday 6 February 2019

When there is vomit



Yesterday I had a bit of a downer. Little things got to me and pulled me down. Need to try adjust my thinking. Doing bit better today but it has been quite a morning of school. The first student I got to read suddenly started retching and I pretty much propelled him out the classroom but we didn't quite get there in time. I narrowly missed having him throw up all over me. Cleaned him up and my classroom and the morning carried on. He decided he was well enough to rejoin us but just before home time I had him handing out books and round two came on. This time he was sick all over the books, himself and one of the other student's jacket. Poor boy burst into tears. I got him to go wash down and then had the unenviable job of cleaning up again. This is a new addition to my teaching duties and I am not sure how keen I am on cleaning up puke. I started to feel sick.




Had my Chinese six year old online and wished him happy new year. Managed to coax out the story of Nian and the colour red from him and he then decided to be a human firework and do lots of arm movements for me. We ended with him drawing a very complex form of noughts and crosses. I still don't quite follow.



School has now resumed to normal after the disruptions of the stay away. I set the stay away as one of my story topics today. A few wrote on it and how the internet went off. Otherwise I have had detailed descriptions on how to play Fortnite for my topic of A Game.


No comments:

Post a Comment