Sunday 17 February 2019

So nearly half term!



Was up early yesterday as a friend treated me to a visit to the hair dresser which was fun. They used a new hair relaxing product - was a bit nervous as we were the first people to have it tried on. At one point it did start burning and I think it burnt my hair slightly in that spot. Has given my hair more volume though, and it feels silkier. I was supposed to have my hair steamed but by this point I needed to get home to pick up birthday presents and pick up my boyfriend Matthew to treat him out to lunch at Aroma. Saw quite a few people I knew at Aroma and the beetroot and pecorino ravioli was flower shaped and yummy. I hope Matt enjoyed his panini. Watched some rugby and cricket with him and then came home and did some more clearing and some school work.

This morning I went to church at the Base Church with my mum. I haven't been in a long time (I tend to go to St Georges with Matt). A whole lot of the children I used to teach in kids church were so much bigger than when I saw them last. I had also forgotten how much more participation from the congregation is required and how much more emotional people can be. It was good to see people though and people from the Base have been so good to my mum and I. Guy Veldman from the church in Ballito was preaching.



After church I visited my friend Kim and it was really nice to have girly conversations and catch up. Was lent a book written by a friend, Hayden Eastwood, and already dipping into it. I remember when he shared the first chapter in writing group a while ago. Found a stray dog on the way home and took it to the 24 hour vet. Luckily it was microchipped and was returned to its owners promptly, so there was a very happy ending. It was a lovely dog and so friendly. My mum was going to stop at each house along Edinburgh to try find the owner but I told her we didn't have the petrol or time. The 24 hour vet was a much better bet.





Have a three day week of school - YAY!! Then off to Kariba at 5 am on Thursday. My students are doing their presentations on plastic pollution and what they can do to reduce their waste and one alternative to plastic packaging on Wednesday. Apparently my one student went to his mum and said they needed to talk. She thought oh oh, what is coming next, but he launched into did she know that the earth is drowning in plastic and it all goes into Lake Chivero and then the sea and what are we going to do about it? Glad my lesson was so effective. We will see what they come up with on Wednesday. I will make little eco-warriors out of them yet. I started with wetlands and now it's plastic. Next up, climate change.




No comments:

Post a Comment