Monday 11 December 2017

Pronutro, creme soda and hadedas



It is fun experiencing Africa through the eyes of someone who has never been here before. Yesterday morning at breakfast Andrew tried Pronutro and I sat there instructing how much milk to add to make it the right consistency. His prognosis was that it was neither terrible nor terrific and definitely a new one to him. Sitting looking out at the garden he suddenly asked what the strange birds on the lawn were - ah! hadedas or ibises, yes they do look a bit prehistoric. I spotted a batis by the bird feeder which was pretty.

Hadeda ibis

Batis



The weather has cooled a little which is nice. Beth, Andrew and I went for a late lunch at Kirstenbosch yesterday and then ambled to the tree canopy walk where we spotted an owl before heading down to the Matthew Mole and Majozi concert. Yet again I saw people at the concert that I knew from Church On Main. Cape Town is a small place in some ways. Through Andrew's eyes I was struck though that the demographics of the audience was very much predominantly white. The wedding group bailed on the concert as many of them were nursing serious hangovers from the bachelor party in Langebaan on Saturday. Meeting up with them tonight though on Ciffton beach.




Had to warn my sister yesterday to stop stirring at times as there are some things that can make me lose my temper very rapidly. I feel I need to try to explain to her the concept of bipolar rage - it is a very real thing and when I get to that point I can spiral out of control and say and do stuff I regret afterwards. Was trying to disengage yesterday over three things but warned her I didn't want to fall out whilst in Cape Town and ruin the holiday. My brother-in-law did agree with me on this one. Just wish my sister would realise when she is treading on dangerous ground, read the warning signs and back off from it instead of antagonising me further.


No comments:

Post a Comment